Recruiting is growing increasingly difficult! It might be getting close to Halloween but there are steps you can take to make your recruitment process a lot less scary!...
1. A weak employer brand will reduce the calibre of people you can attract.
According to Glassdoor, 84% of candidates would consider leaving their current employer if another company with an excellent reputation offered them a role.
Brand reputation not only attracts clients but strengthens your chances of getting great talent on board. Invest in creating a stronger employer brand!
2. 52% of content shared by employees is trusted by candidates.
When attracting new talent it’s important that the messages you are working to create add value to your company, however many people struggle to trust a faceless brand. By employees sharing content it makes people perceive the information as more trustworthy. Unfortunately, only 33% of employers actually encourage social media use to share news and information about their employer (https://www.glassdoor.com/employers/blog/7-ways-to-engage-with-employees-on-social-media/). Utilise your workforce and encourage your team to share and like company posts and information.
3. Nearly 25% of applicants lose interest in a position if they haven’t heard back from a firm after one week AND the best candidates are off the market within 10 days (officevibe.com)
If you’re serious about hiring you need to act quickly. Great talent doesn’t wait around for companies with a disorganised recruitment process – they will be snapped up by another company before you know it!
4. 47% of small businesses cannot find qualified applicants for positions.
(http://www.nfib.com/Portals/0/pdf/sbet/sbet201512.pdf) it’s no surprise companies are struggling to attract skilled and experienced applicants for their roles when they rely on people coming to them. Take a more proactive approach and start targeting passive candidates who would fit the position. If you don’t know where to start, ask for help by partnering with an executive search firm that understands your company needs and your sector.
5. Candidates are 2x more likely to accept cold emails if they have interacted with your brand before.
If you’re targeting passive candidates for roles within your company, having a trusted brand will increase your chances of someone being open to a position or not. Investing in your personal brand is something that can add value to your company in more ways that you may think.